Rebekah R. Tussing
Editing professional for fiction and nonfiction since 2011. I combine a knack for spelling and grammar with a passion for story, and I strive to make every piece the best it can be.
Annie’s Publishing—Aug. 2013–present
- Editorial Assistant, Fiction: Assist fiction department with various administrative and clerical tasks, including record maintenance and contributor payments.
- Line Editor, Fiction: Edit manuscripts on a line-by-line basis, checking for spelling, grammar, syntax, order, clarity, character and plot consistency, brand and genre expectations, etc.
- Editorial Assistant, Creative Knitting: Assisted knitting editor with various administrative and clerical tasks, including deadline management, record maintenance, contributor payments, and process streamlining.
- Copy Editor: Accurately and efficiently copyedited all Annie’s publications (including multiple magazines, pattern books, video class leaflets, marketing e-mails, ads and more) for grammar, spelling, and adherence to Associated Press or Chicago Manual of Style, as well as house style; maintained and in some cases rewrote house style guides.
Yellow Pages Group—Aug. 2011–Dec. 2012
- Quality Assurance Specialist: Accurately and efficiently edited advertising websites for companies throughout Canada for spelling, grammar, client specifications, and marketing department’s guidelines.
Freelance Writing Consultant—Dec. 2016–present
- Communicate with writers about specific writing questions and struggles
- Educate writers on grammar rules and storytelling practices so they can understand and improve
Faculty, Taylor University’s Professional Writing Conference—Aug. 2016–present
- Prepare and teach classes on spelling, grammar, and elevated writing at annual conference
- Meet with students one-on-one to assist with individual editing needs
Taylor University—May 2011
- Bachelor of Science: Professional Writing
- Microsoft Office, especially Word
- Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail
- Easily adapting to different genres, writing styles
- Explaining English or storytelling concepts